Thursday, November 20, 2008

You Alone I Live For

"When everything feels like it could be falling apart and it's all you can do to fight tears, Worship Him. When things are great, worship. When you just feel stuck, worship Him." -AR-

Today I want to encourage you to sit and stop and worship Him. Everyone has their own form of worship. Some would say just getting lost in His word or just looking out on His creations. Some would even say it was to sit with others and give words of encouragement. If you feel lead to worship Him through prayer then pray. I want to leave you with a song that is the worship of my heart. (of course it is a song) If you decide to listen to it today I just want to ask one thing of you. Stop what you are doing and put all the work in your hands down, set aside the thoughts in your head for the 5 minutes and really experience the Lord. Let Him talk to you and let Him tell you the ways of His heart and let Him be your fulfillment. This world and today's people have truly lost what it means to "be still" we live these lives that are so busy and are so full of sin and finding joy material enjoyments that we feel the inconvenience sometimes of God. HE SHOULD NEVER BE AN INCONVENIENCE OR A SECOND THOUGHT! He should be your first and only thought. I struggle with this everyday and I am not going to sit here and tell you to do something that I am not trying myself. Everyday I struggle with striving to live a life glorifying to Him. I am in love with my Savior but I still have times where I have doubt, where I have so many questions, I have feelings brokenness, hate, healing, hurt, hunger, confusion, chaos, pain, loveless, emptiness. Today I just sat and just responded to Him today. I tried to write down everything that came to my mind when I was listening to this song. I am so grateful to serve such a forgiving and gracious God.

I put my i-tunes of shuffle this morning and this was the first song and is the song I am going to share. I know most people who read my blog that I know of, know this song verily well. But really just listen to not just the words but what the Lord is saying with the music and what is being said between the lines. I am going to post two songs today. I encourage you to listen to listen to them both. If you have not checked out or have listened to Chris Tomlin's new CD "Hello Love" I HIGHLY recommend and it and I guarantee it will change your life. It is absolutely amazing and is so powerful. It is praise Jesus for real all the time. But the 2Nd song is a song that I have had for a while and it comes back to me at various times in my life.

The first song is God of this City...Really listen to this song and let Him speak. Shut-up for one moment and give your thoughts to Him for a change. I have had to learn to do this as well. If this doesn't speak to you then I think you need to be thinking about other things you need to get right with Him because He should always be your excitement. (even if you know these songs still just listen, this is my favorite version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGkEE5dwmdY

This song is just my heart and really just brings me to a new place with Him every time I listen to it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BL29sBMyjs

To end my blog today and I am impressed if you lasted this long and read all of this. I wanted to share what came to me this morning with my time with the Lord...

My God you are my God...You give me peace in times of destruction. You the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. Prince of Peace, Almighty God. You are mighty to save. You are the resurrection. You fill my soul and you are my soul. You're my only purpose. You are sovereign. You are loving. You are Love. You give me courage. You are my Hands and you are my one pure and holy passion. You are my desire. You are the most majestic painter. You are creative God. You are my Maker. You are my Creator. You are my counselor. You are Brilliant. You are all deserving. You are my Joy. You give me hope. You are my Melody. You are my song. you are trusting. you are my obsession. You are worthy of all things. You are pure. You are partner. You are my Father. You are my Flame. You are my blessing. You are my only meaning. You are Real. You are my virtue. You are my freedom. You are my strength. You are my encouragements. You are my heart. I am your daughter. I am made in your image. You are all honoring. You are Good. You are unfailing. You are Emmanuel. You bring light to darkness. You are my voice. You are my joy. You the whispers of my heart. You are Grace. You are my Victory and You are victorious. You are my Risen Savior. My Jesus Christ. I am your and you are mine. You know far better than I and if destruction is what I need then I will receive it Lord from thee. I need you like burning flame. You the eye the storm watching over and its the eye in the storm only wanting good for me. All my plans fail with I see your glory. Who am I to plan and decide of my desires because you alone I live for. I am a sinner found in your presence. You are exalted and your glory surrounds you. Holy Holy is you Lord God Almighty. You reign over me and over these nations. You are the center of my life. You are Holy God over us. Once died to be my Savior. I can not understand your mysteries and that brings me excitement to search more into your heart Lord. I stand in wonder of my you my Savior. You died to save and with you Jesus you filled the hole in heart with the nails of your hands. You love and you forgive. "My Savior Loves, My Savior Lives, My Savior is always there for me, My God He was My God is always gonna be." I sit here God awaiting your guidance. I'm wanting only your voice to be heard.

1 comment:

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Your blog and heart are so beautiful Amy. Glad to see you writing.