Sunday, November 30, 2008

Give It All To Him


The Lord has really been messing with me lately. I am in a weird part of my life right now and sometimes it hard to really know what the Lord wants me to do. I struggle daily with being the woman that He created me to be. I went to the Clemson vs. Carolina football game yesterday. If you know me you know that I LOVE FOOTBALL and that the Lord will bless me with a husband who loves it just as much as I do. I love the excitement and the thrill of the game and the suspense of every play once the ball it hiked. It was also cold and rainy and I have lost a good bit of my voice. Anyways after the game we were walking back to our tailgate and I just heard Clemson fans screaming in unison the classic cheer of "C-L-E-M-S-O-N T-I-G-E-R-S FIGHT TIGERS FIGHT TIGERS FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT" They were all coming together to celebrate a victory over their biggest rival. Now here is where the weird part of me kicks in. As I listened I started to think about how excited these people including me were excited to watch the team they cheer for a dedicate a lot of their time to have a great win. Then I started to think about christians and the Victory that Christ will always have over Satan. I then started to realize how much we have lost excitement for the strength and the power of the God that we serve. I just started really pondering how we scream and yell out our lungs for the team but how we don't do it for Him. Why is this? It's screwed up if you ask me. He deserves the best and ultimate praise from His people. I have more thoughts on this subject but I am going to leave you with this to think about. what are you giving your true worship and praide to instead of to the God you claim to Love and serve. And I am not saying that you should not go to these games and enjoy yourself but just don't praise them more than you praise Him.








I mean our God is Victorious and there will NEVER be a battle or a game that He cannot conquer. He is most high and He the blessed Savior. I also really just love time with football because people are just so friendly with one another. You know to an extent there are times of fighting and anger but really when your team scores a touch down and have excitement even if you don't know the person beside you, you still turn to them and smile and highfive and sometime hug. Just think how awesome it would be if His people would come together and just love every person that they saw and just together as one body of believers and worshiped Him and praised Him with all that they have. So that they will lose their voices in the presence of their Lord. I just love the picture above because it shows unity and it is what I pray that the church and the body of believers one day might have.








(this blog is a little confusing I am sorry)









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

agreed

Anonymous said...

Yo Amy!, it's Hunter...i added your blog to my list of bloggers. It took me a little forever to find yours, ahha.