Thursday, October 16, 2008

L-O-V-E

I warned you that my blog was going to be scattered and random, I am just taking my thoughts and putting them into words and my brain is a bag of weird, I am just warning you that sometimes you probably wont understand me but its okay because the Lord knows all of my words and meaning and He gets me like no other, and that is the purpose for my blog is to grow stronger with the Lord and dig deeper in my relationship.


He has covered me with His grace, can i recognize my Lord when things aren't the way I have planned? Why is it that in this world we use the word LOVE so abusively? We say that we love everything that is attractive to the eye but do we know that there is a God out there greater that TRULY LOVES us UNCONDITIONALLY. I lead a 6Th grade small group on Wednesday nights and last night Chris spoke on Zephaniah 3:17; "The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." I mean think about that verse for a moment. Read it piece by piece, Chris did a wonderful job elaborating on this verse. "The Lord your God is with you" I stinking awesome is that. We put ourselves in secluded areas at times in our lives to get away from struggles and fears and disappointment but think how often we forget that the creator of the universe is right beside us and all around us all the time. So often we forget that when we are lonely and are struggling that there is a God that loves us and is with us every step of the way. I am only going to point out to parts of the verse and let you discover what this verse is saying to you. Another point was "He will take great delight in you" just reading this verse I get goosebumps of excitement and joy. After I read this I thought about the things I take delight in and the things that I love. I love my mother more than anyone on the earth, I would do anything for her (Yes mama this is true) she is the most courageous person I know and the Lords strength shines through her. I think about how much I love her and I feel like there cant be a way that someone could love more than this bond but there is. It is comforts me to know that God delights in ME simple ME. I mean I am at loss for words (which never happens). I have decided to keep this verse with me through out the day and sit in silence over it and listen to what the Lord wants me to hear about myself. I mean Gods love is so stinking awesome, and to think the Maker of the universe the almighty God loves me even when I screw up, He loves me when I feel like no one does. I want to encourage you that today sit in silence before the Lord and see what He says. Stop everthing you are doing and let yourself feel the presence of Gods love and let Him hold you and hug you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, You just made me cry! I love you unconditionally. I know all the QUESTIONS! God told me to ask you daily about your life. This blog has really opened my mind to your big heart! (Which I have seen, but sometimes don't say!) You are awesome and God has a big plan for you. I love you more than you know. Have a great day! Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHH {tear} you and your mom...BLESS!

britnie said...

so amy, i've decided we're pretty much the same person. ;)
that is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE verse!! i think on that verse all the time - especially the "He will quiet you with His love" part...there are so many times i rely on that!!