Monday, December 15, 2008

Oh How He Loves

Have you ever stopped and thought about what life would be like if God were not who He is? What if God's love was not unconditional? What if God only loved the clever, the beautiful, the rich and the famous? What if God was completely indifferent to us and didn't care if we lived or died? What if He didn't care whether we laughed or cried? What if God loved to lie to His people and was ready to pounce on us for all of our wrongs? What if He didn't give second, third, fourth...so on chances? What if He ignored us? What if He mocked us? What if He didn't send His one and only son to this earth to die so that we might live for eternity with Him?

Think about these questions...add some if you would like. I got an e-mail from a friend who is serving in South Asia and she was telling me about how when she went to visit the temples she talked to a woman. She was telling her about how she gives the gods sweets because she wants kindness from them and she gives them money when she has financial problems. When I read that all I could think was WOW. My Jesus sure is a gracious and unconditional God. How lucky I am to serve Him and to be His daughter. I take advantage of His love everyday and every second. He welcomes me into His arms and His church without anything. All He asks is that we worship and praise Him. Love Him and honor Him. I don't have to bake Him cookies for His kindness. I can turn away and He would and will still love me. He is my savior and my Lord. He created us all different and He loves the difference in us all. I could talk on this subject for hours and days but I just wanted to leave you with this to think about. And realize how lucky we truly are to know THE God that loves His children ALWAYS and FOREVER.

No comments: